Here's another article worth reading, and I found it on Carl’s Travel Writers blog.
The Seven Myths of Being a Travel Writer By Tim Leffel [Transitions Abroad]
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Leffel, a regular contributor to Transitions Abroad and the author of The World’s Cheapest Destinations: 21 Countries Where Your Dollars are Worth a Fortune, shares his experience as a travel writer while addressing the following seven myths.
- Myth #1: Travel writers make enough money to live on.
- Myth #2: Editors are hungry for travel stories from new writers.
- Myth #3: A destination is a story.
- Myth #4: Readers want to hear every detail about your personal experiences.
- Myth #5: Travel magazines love long stories.
- Myth #6: You write a story, you get paid, it soon gets published.
- Myth #7: All your expenses will be covered.