Publicity Wish List
Whose Panties Are These? is back from the printer and it looks GREAT! I saw the boxes come in today while I was trying to make some PR headway at the TT office. Michael was also there working on some mailings for A Sense of Place.
Just maintaining the normal amount of promotional work load for a book can be overwhelming. As in, putting the catalog pages up on the website, booking the tour, talking with contributors, getting the media list together, getting the press material written and organized to send out to the media list, trying to get reviews, managing the quotes, fielding media requests, managing or requesting additional budget, etc. And when you're a small somewhat struggling publisher, the thought of getting creative can be the straw that makes the necessary work come undone.
I got my hands dirty on some of this stuff today and earlier tonight. But I thought as a night cap, I'd treat myself to some EXTRA FUN PR thinking. Here's what I'd love to be trying to get for myself and Panties.
10. Getting listed in Sky Mall inflight magazine
9. Book Review with cover shot in USA Today
8. Interview of me in Audrey magazine, Real Simple, or mention in People
7. WP included in an indepth article on Travelers' Tales in the WSJ
6. Big Whose Panties give away in JANE magazine
5. Holiday shopping endorsement from the ladies at The View
4. Couplings episode (UK) devoted to making fun of SIMB and Whose Panties
3. Picture of Kerry and Edwards's wives holding a copy of the book
2. Interview with Conan O'Brien
1. Date with Conan O'Brien