Writers Workshop on the Canal du Midi in Southern France
There's still a slot available in TT Executive Editor Larry Habegger's week-long intensive writers workshop July 24-30 on the Canal du Midi in Southern France. The voyage will traverse portions of the historic Canal du Midi between Toulouse and Beziers on Lurley, a classic 35-foot Dutch motor cruiser. Life will slow to a reflective pace as we leisurely motor along the shady tree-lined canal. We will become part of the flow of four centuries of travelers through these hand-built stone locks. Between the vibrant city of Toulouse, the walled fortress of Carcassone, and the winding streets of Beziers, we will pass the vineyards of Languedoc, sample local hand-made cheeses, and feast on dishes such as artichokes a la Carcassonnnaise and cassoulet de Castelnaudery.
- The workshop is limited to five participants working with one instructor
- The emphasis in Larry's workshop will be personal travel narrative
- Ninety-minute group workshop each morning
- Daily one-on-one consultations with Larry
- Afternoons devoted to writing and exploration of the French countryside.
- Evening group reading and discussion of participants' work following dinner at local restaurants
For more information, go to Canal du Midi Writers or contact Barbara Euser at (415) 454-7171 or email@example.com.