The Matador Travel Community, which I am a member and we have discussed here several times, has just launched its first travel writing and photography contest. The best travel essay (with photos) wins $500, and selected entries will be published on the site.
• All submissions must be your own work and previously unpublished.
• Articles should be between 1,000 – 2,000 words.
• At least three photos should accompany each article (Photographs may be taken by someone other than the writer, in which case, award will be split amongst the two).
• Please send articles via email as word attachments / attach photos as jpg files with each one being no larger than 300k to David.Miller.email@example.com
• Please write “submission” plus title and your name in subject line
• Any author who submits a story must create a profile on Matador. Please include your screen name in the body of your email.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Submissions due May 15th. Winners will be announced June 1st.
For more details: visit http://matadortravel.com/node/9214