Southeast Asia has long been a great budget travel destination, but in this day and age of location independence jobs, it’s become a haven for people whose office consists of their laptop and an internet connection.
If you’re a travel writer who is not tied down to a particular place, look into heading to SE Asia to live, work, and travel.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
BootsnAll has recently published some great articles and resources to better help you travel around the region:
- Check out our Southeast Asia Indie Travel Guide for why you should add the region to your travels.
- Most people assume traveling by bus is the preferred mode of transport in the region, but the author makes a case for the trains in Everything You Need to Know About Train Travel in Southeast Asia.
- Looking for a beach getaway not in Thailand? Visit Nha Trang ― Vietnam’s Happiest Beach Town on $30 a Day.
- Burma is quickly gaining popularity, so you may want to get there now. Check out Indie Travel in Myanmar for $45 Per Day to learn more about travel here.
- Vietnam and Thailand get all the hype when it comes to food in the region, but you may want to read 5 Dishes You Shouldn’t Leave Laos Without Trying for a more off-the-beaten-path foodie experience.
- There’s more to Cambodia than Angkor Wat – find out how you can travel in Cambodia on $25 Per Day.
- Indonesia seems to get left out of the conversation too often. If you’re looking for a cool travel experience, though, look into Exploring Indonesia by Motorbike.
Photo by: Water, Land and Ecosystems