Southeast Asia has long been a great budget travel destination, but in this day and age of location independence jobs, it’s become a haven for people whose office consists of their laptop and an internet connection.
If you’re a travel writer who is not tied down to a particular place, look into heading to SE Asia to live, work, and travel.
BootsnAll has recently published some great articles and resources to better help you travel around the region:
- Check out our Southeast Asia Indie Travel Guide for why you should add the region to your travels.
- Most people assume traveling by bus is the preferred mode of transport in the region, but the author makes a case for the trains in Everything You Need to Know About Train Travel in Southeast Asia.
- Looking for a beach getaway not in Thailand? Visit Nha Trang ― Vietnam’s Happiest Beach Town on $30 a Day.
- Burma is quickly gaining popularity, so you may want to get there now. Check out Indie Travel in Myanmar for $45 Per Day to learn more about travel here.
- Vietnam and Thailand get all the hype when it comes to food in the region, but you may want to read 5 Dishes You Shouldn’t Leave Laos Without Trying for a more off-the-beaten-path foodie experience.
- There’s more to Cambodia than Angkor Wat – find out how you can travel in Cambodia on $25 Per Day.
- Indonesia seems to get left out of the conversation too often. If you’re looking for a cool travel experience, though, look into Exploring Indonesia by Motorbike.
Photo by: Water, Land and Ecosystems